Oak Valley Hospital District is currently seeking a dynamic LVN for our clinic who will embrace our mission, vision, and values. This individual must have a passion for nursing excellence and be willing to provide outstanding patient and family supported care.
Created to provide residents of Oakdale and the surrounding rural communities with access to superior quality medical information, treatment and care, Oak Valley Hospital District was formed in 1968 and has evolved to meet the changing medical needs of the local community. With a hospital and emergency department, skilled nursing facility, four healthcare clinics, occupational healthcare clinic, and an ambulance company, OVHD is well equipped to care of our incredible community.
Why Work Here?
Oak Valley Hospital features a staff that provides compassionate critical care and delivers exceptional patient experiences. We offer a competitive salary, one-on-one patient care, and regular evaluations with annual merit increases. Beyond an retirement package, we take pride in hiring and working with the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels high quality patient care.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse performs clinical and clerical duties in the outpatient clinic to provide the best patient care experience. The LVN will work closely with the providers, medical assistants, and other clinic personnel to facilitate patient care and patient flow for the clinic. They will interact directly with patients, both in person at the time of clinic appointments and visits, as well as by telephone to respond to inquiries.
This position includes responsibilities to support and assist the providers and clinical staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of patient care duties, including but not limited to:
• Prepares the clinic for patient visits by participating in daily clinic tasks including the daily huddle, calibrating equipment, checking refrigerator temperatures.
• Assists in the preparation of patient charts for the upcoming day and prints patient schedule, obtain patient charts, review progress notes and retrieve any outstanding test results needed on the chart prior to the patient's visit.
• Assists physicians in examining and treating patients • Administers vaccinations to patients of all ages, assists with well child exams.
• Triages and directs telephone calls for physicians, nurses and laboratory needs.
• Assists with the arrangement for outpatient orders and services as needed.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, don’t delay any longer! Apply now and join our talented team of nurses and physicians today and start building the career of your dreams!
• Current California LVN license